Sunday, October 22, 2006

Bushel Basket Hat

I made this hat with the skein of Rowan Big Wool that Helen sent to me at the end of the Knitty SP7 round. It is the first time I used any Rowan yarn and it was very nice. We have a couple of cold evenings so I've been wearing my new hat around the house and on trips to take Sherman for his walks. It is so soft and warm; I'll be wearing it all winter.

Pattern: Bushel Basket Bonnet
Designed by Susan Esser
Knitting Pattern-a-Day Calendar, Monday Oct. 9, 2006
Yarn: Rowan Big Wool
Color - 16
Needles: Addi TURBO -US# 10.5/6.5 mm circulars (16")

This is the first thing I've knit from that little calendar of patterns. Most of the patterns haven't been anything I've liked. Sometimes the patterns are good for a chuckle. But there have been a couple that would be interesting to make and it is a nice little diversion to have at my desk to look at each day.

I haven't been knitting much lately. No reason really, just must be a little distracted. Hopefully getting this hat completed will give me a shove in the right direction. I also picked up my Anastasia socks this weekend too. The socks were at a stand still for quite a while. I've finally turned the heel on the first sock and so far so good. Now, I just have to keep it up.

3 comments:

PURLPOWER said...

Great to see you have used it so quickly! It's a great yarn for hats, I have one that I made three years ago when I first started knitting and it is still keeping me warm!

Bezzie said...

That's a great color too!

Angela said...

Knitting slumps are normal...you are right to knit something different and, especially, for yourself!

Ang