Saturday, May 12, 2007

Seven Random Facts

I've been tagged by Sue to post seven random facts about myself. I'm going to play along and post, but don't worry I'm not going to tag anyone back. I was never any good at tag chasing games when I was little either. If you want to play along - leave a random fact about you or anything you think is interesting in the comments. for this post.

Here are seven facts about me:

1. I've never been to Las Vegas. I don't think I'd like gambling very much, but I'd like to go just to see everything once. Catch a show and see all the lights.

2. I tutored algebra in high school.

3. The monkeys in The Wizard of Oz use to scare me when I was little.

4. I planted tomato plants in my front yard this year. It's good we don't live in a subdivision or I'd be paying daily fines for doing something like that. It isn't something I'd normally do - we don't have a car up on blocks out there or anything. It just seemed like the best place for them. They are mixed in with some perennial flowers though.

5. My husband and I like to fantasize what we'd do if we won the lottery. It's best to be prepared!

6. I have bachelor degrees are in Economics and East Asian Studies. I don't use any of that knowledge for my job.

7. My father-in-law is a lawyer and was able to get the right to officiate our wedding. It was special to have someone close to us perform the ceremony.

Okay, now it's your turn. Leave me a comment with a random fact.

14 comments:

Jessica said...

People think I'm random.

Batty said...

I spend an inordinate amount of time browsing the internets for pictures of kittens.

Anonymous said...

I have strange memory issues - I can remember numbers like nobodies business, but I have real trouble sometimes remembering how old I am. The other day I caught hell from Tad because I was convinced I was two years older than I actually am. Time flies, huh? :)

Desiree said...

I've never seen the Wizard of Oz!

Bezzie said...

In Alaska, you can have anyone court appointed to perform a wedding...so we too had an non-justice of the peace/clergy member officiate our wedding too!

Zonda said...

I used to have nightmares about the birds in the Alfred Hitchcock movie "The Birds"!

I'm over it now though! :) I think!

La Cabeza Grande said...

I pissed off Dick Cheney. I used to be a journalist and he objected to the rather pointed questions I was asking.

Anonymous said...

As an adult, I've not wanted to watch the Wizard of Oz. Although my memories of watching it as a child were pleasant (it's really the only memory I have of an ordinary life with my family). At some point after we watched it, my only sibling my sister who was 4 years older than me died. (She was 8 & I was 4) Then my Mother died 2 years later. I had a good life growing up with my grandparents, but it was never the same as hanging in my pjs with my sister watching "The Wizard of Oz" with our parents.

Anonymous said...

Dang, I was just about to tag you and doh! you've already been tagged. :(

Anonymous said...

This was so interesting to read through - thanks for sharing! And hey - CM and me are certainly with you guys on #5 ;)

Shannon said...

Hello from a NC knitter (Wayne Co.). How are your tomato plants going? I have like 20 or so, and so far so good! Take care.

Anonymous said...

I love the movie Beetlejuice - it is one of the only movies I've ever bought. I can recite the dialog as the movie plays. It usually is very annoying if someone if watching it with me, but then sometimes I like annoying the other person.
I still watch Wizard of Oz - I have friends that recite the dialog without the movie being on. They also have all kinds of memorabilia throughout their house of the movie. Some of it is pretty cool.

Shannon said...

I didn't realize you were a Shannon! Where do you get your yarn locally? I've been to the yarn shop in Raliegh...I'm sorry if I'm being vague but I've only been to it once, so I don't remember it's name. There's also a yarn store in Wilson I'm itching to go to...

Deb said...

I've read the book "The Prince of TIdes" 14 times. It's one of my favorites.