Monday, May 12, 2008

H is for Homemade

Actually this whole week is going to brought to you by the letter H, but I'll start with something yummy. Saturday morning I went strawberry picking.

Last time I did this I took Brad and we ended up with an obscene amount of berries and I ended up making lots and lots of jam. The jam was good, but I ended up giving most of it away. I realized we just don't eat a lot of jam.

I still ended up picking a whole bucket full of berries and it ended up being 12.5 pounds of fruit, but it is so hard to resist those sweet ripe berries. We will be eating strawberries a lot this week. We have already had strawberry shortcake and a strawberry smoothie. This morning I had strawberries with my yogurt for breakfast.

I also wanted something else to make since I wasn't going to be making jam again. So, I scoured the Internet to come up with a recipe and found a recipe for strawberry banana muffins that turned out to be pretty good.

We liked the muffins so much that I ended up making a second batch and stowing them away in the freezer for later. Homemade treats are always the best - especially warm out of the oven. Later this week I have a finished project to share and of course I have a new skein of handspun fro Friday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Strawberries are my all time favorite fruit. Those muffins look delicious. Damn, now I'm hungry.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Delicious!!! Wish I could grab one for breakfast :)

Zonda said...

Oh, drooling here over those muffins!

Monika said...

There can never be enough fresh strawberries in this house! ;o) The muffins look delicious! I don't make jam either, but sometimes just a little, which will last for a week or so. When I have it, I'll eat it for breakfast. But my favorite is yogurt mixed with strawberries, but in a blender. Somtimes when I have it, and don't care for the calories, I mix some whipped cream into it as well. I'm sooo bad, when it comes to strawberries! :o)

Bezzie said...

Oh man! What a great idea!!! I make banana muffins all the time--why not add strawberries? But it will be a while til they're in season here!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

ooooh yummy!

Emily said...

They look and sound delicious!

Jennie said...

Delicious! I love strawberries.