Monday, February 16, 2009

A Different Noro Scarf

I had some Noro Silk Garden in my stash and was planning to knit another one of those really popular Noro striped scarves, like I knit for Brad. But then I saw the pattern for this scarf while I was browsing around on Ravelry and decided to try this one instead.

This pattern is accomplished using double knit and it is my first project using this technique. the double knitting wasn't difficult, but it is a little bit tedious. I was ready to work on another project after knitting four skeins. I did end up with a shorter scarf, but I love the thickness the double knitting created. It was a fun scarf to knit and I liked putting in the little inset squares at random places in the scarf.

I'd like to knit this scarf again. I think it would be nice to use one variegated yarn and one solid color to make the squares stand out even more; or even two solid colored yarns. I'd consider trying a lighter weight yarn too; maybe a sock weight yarn.

Project Info

Pattern: Vice Versa
by Laura Aylor
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden
2 skeins color # 255
2 skeins color # 292
Needles: addi TURBO US# 8 (5 mm)
Measurements: Length: 57"; Width 5.5"
Notes: No pattern modifications.

14 comments:

Monika said...

I'm in awe that you finished this so quickly, and I'm in LOVE with this scarf! It's beautiful! I want to make one too, and I know I hate double knitting. Maybe it's been long enough since my last one? How did you get your edges so neat?

Dave said...

Very cool -- another one for the queue!

Zonda said...

Love it! Especially all the little squares inside the others!

Deb said...

I Love double knitting. The scarf is beautiful!!

Bezzie said...

That is beautiful!!!! Noro is so versatile isn't it?

Anonymous said...

The scarf is wonderful. I'd love to learn the double knit technique. I saw something the other day that I liked and it was double knit. I'll try it soon...oh so much on the list.

turtlegirl76 said...

THAT is one cool looking scarf! I've never seen that pattern before. Love it!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

That is gogeous!! And so unique!

gilraen said...

Fantastic!!!! I love it :)

cpurl17 said...

Very very cool! Was double knit hard? I just love how the colors came out!

Faith said...

Oh my goodness, it's fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Very nice, love the colors and the pattern.

Julie said...

Lovely!

Go to my blog I have given you an award!

Jennie said...

That is one super cool scarf!