Friday, July 17, 2009

Handspun Friday -Sea of Green

I thought I'd share something nice and bright feeling today. This is a simple two ply yarn spun from Bluefaced Leicester top.

I got the fiber from a Hello Yarn shop update a while ago. It'd been marinating in the stash waiting for me to pick it out and spin it up.

So as part of my Tour de Fleece participation I'm trying to spin some of the great fibers I've been hiding.


Geddesburg Handspun Yarn

Fiber: dyed by Hello Yarn
Content: Bluefaced Leicester Wool Top
Weight: 4.2 ounces
WPI: 13 wraps per inch
Yardage: 226 yards
Notes: 2-ply; hand wash

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love that color. Your spinning always inspires me.

Zonda said...

Oooh gorgeous colors!! Nice job! Gosh I miss my wheel...hopefully this weekend! ;)

Karen said...

Pretty! I should have joined Tour de Fleece so I could try to make a dent in my stash too.